I am a software engineer who loves solving product and technical challenges, and ultimately shipping software projects, all the way over the line. I have extensive experience working in industries such as banking, health, logistics, internet services and mobility in the role of software architect or senior developer.
1. Software development
Hire me, I can help with difficult problems, an external view on a new idea or project? Perhaps you would like to build a technology proof of concept before investing more? My tools of choice are Golang, Kafka, Docker, Infrastructure as a code, Observability, CI & CD, Kubernetes, Scala, Akka, Playframework, Amazon Web Services, GCP
I’m particularly keen to work with small businesses & teams, so if you’re a small team just starting out, and need someone to help get your platform off the ground, please reach out!
2. Technical leadership
- Work with engineers to design and architect complex systems.
- Work with product managers to plan and prioritize features.
- Manage hiring of new engineers. Review and interview candidates.
- Mentor developers, review code, and help establish engineering best practices.
- Communicate and document effectively, and relate well to people.
- Give internal technical talks and training.
You can subscribe to my blog via RSS.
A typical contract is for 1 month of work. I am normally booked 1 to 3 months in advance. I’m open to shorter contracts, but prefer longer ones.